DEPARTMENT R - LIGHT HORSE SHOW
Premiums Offered: $13,420.00
Sunday: Kay Courtney & Kenton May
Tuesday: Carol Kaiping, Kathy Green & Kay Courtney
Thursday : David Baum
Entry Fee: $18.00 (Winners Only)
Registration Fee: $2.00 per class
1st $80.00 - 2nd $70.00 - 3rd. $60.00 - 4th $50.00 - 5 th $45.00 6th Ribbon only
Trophies in all premiums donated by show exhibitors.
Rules & Regulations:
1) Entries must be sent to the Monroe County Fair Secretary by Wednesday, June 26, 2019 or in person June 26 from 6 PM to 8:30 PM. Any class not filled may be eliminated and a substitution made at the end of the show. ABSOLUTELY NO LATE ENTRIES OR SUBSTITUTION OF HORSES.
2) A COPY OF A CURRENT COGGINS MUST BE INCLUDED WITH ENTRY. HORSE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER CLASS IF COPY IS NOT PROVIDED.
3) Senior exhibitors must be age eighteen (18) or over by June 1.
4) Pee Wee Exhibitors must be under age 12: "Jr. Exhibitors must be under age 18 by June 1.
5) All horses are shown in Western Tack, unless stated otherwise.
6) All exhibitors must wear FULL WESTERN ATTIRE, unless otherwise stated (i.e. English classes).
7) All horses must be on Fairgrounds one-half hour before show time.
8) Tack changes will be limited to 10 minutes.
9) All General Rules & Regulations apply. (Please read them in the front of the Fair Paper.)
10) A.Q.H.A. Rules will be used, where applicable. Rules for other classes will be determined by show superintendents. Patterns will be available the day of the show where needed.
11) All entrants may purchase exhibitor passes to be picked up at the fair office.
12) All out of state horses over 12 months of age are to be accompanied by a health certificate issued within 30 days of exhibition. ALL HORSES MUST BE NEGATIVE TO AN OFFICIAL TEST FOR EQUINE INFECTIOUS ANEMIA WITHIN 12 M0NTHS PRIOR TO EXHIBITION AND HAVE PROOF ON HAND.
13) Premium checks will be available Friday. Anyone needing special arrangements will need to talk to the Secretary, George Obernagel.
14) Weanling stallions may be shown by junior exhibitors with permission of fair committee. Any stallions older than weanlings to be shown by senior exhibitors only.
15) In all events judge's decision is final.
16) Equestrian helmets allowed.
JUNIOR CLASS HORSE SHOW
10:00 A.M. Sunday, July 21, 2019
Judged events to begin at 10:00 a.m.
Timed events to begin at 5:00 p.m.
Pee Wee Exhibitor - Age 11 and under
Jr. Exhibitor - Age 12-18
Judged Events High Point Awards:
Pee Wee Award Sponsored By Jim and Chris Bivens
Junior Award Sponsored By Kay Courtney
Timed Events High Point Awards:
Pee Wee Award and Junior Award sponsored by Brad and Brenda Chandler - Property Peddler Auction and Real Estate.
In Judged events, points will be awarded in all classes except 13600 Lead Line and 13610 Costume Class.
In timed events, points will be awarded in all classes.
High Point Award designations will be determined by superintendents on a "one horse/one rider" principle.
13600. Lead in Class-Rider entered as Exhibitor and must be under 10. Horse to be led by Adult & stirrups must fit.
13601.Open Showmanship (tack optional)
13602. Pee Wee Walk Trot Pleasure (Tack Optional)
13603. Jr. English Pleasure
13604. Jr. English Equitation (Pattern to be posted)
13605. Pee Wee Walk Trot Egg & Spoon (no gaited horses)
13606. Jr. Western Pleasure
13607. Jr. Western Horsemanship (pattern to be posted)
13608. Jr. Egg & Spoon Pleasure (no gaited horses)
13609. Jr. Bareback Pleasure (tack optional)
After class # 13609 (judged events) there will be a 15-minute break before Costume class #13610
13610. Costume Class
13611. Jr. Barrel Race
13612. Pee Wee Barrel Race
13613. Jr. Flag Race
13614. Jr. Poles
13615. Pee Wee Poles
13616. Jr. Key Hole Race
13617. Junior. Through the Barrel
13618. Junior. Speed and Action
13619. Junior. Stake Race
In both divisions, Pee Wees may ride up in junior classes when there is no comparable Pee Wee class.
OPEN CLASS HORSE SHOW
6:00 p.m. Tuesday, July 23, 2019
High Point Award Kay Courtney & Kathy Green
13620. Gaited Horse Halter (tack optional)
13621. Jr. Halter Horse (Horses 5 Y.O. & under, tack optional)
13622. 6 Y.O. & Older Mares Halter (tack optional)
13623. 6 Y.O. & Older Geldings Halter ( tack optional)
Overall Championship Halter Class:
Reserve Champion Halter Class:
Champion trophy & Reserve ribbon.
All above 1st & 2nd place horses.
Champion Halter Class Trophy Sponsored by Monroe County Fair Association.
--------10 Minute Break----------
13624. English Pleasure
13625. English Equitation ( Pattern Will Be Posted)
13626. Country Pleasure (if horse does not gait, it will be disqualified. Tack optional)
13627. Western Pleasure
13628. Western Horsemanship (Pattern Will Be Posted)
13629. Egg & Spoon ( No gaited horses)
13630. Western Riding ( Pattern To Be Posted)
13631. Reining (Pattern to be posted)
SENIOR HORSE SHOW
6:00 p.m. Thursday, July 25, 2019
13632. Pole Bending
13633. Barrel Race
13634. Stake Race
13635. Key Hole Race
13636. Flag Race
13638. Speed & Action
13639. Plug Race
13641. Egg & Spoon - Walk, trot and canter horses, no gaited horses allowed.
For new class information look up
High Point Award Sponsor Brenda Chandler, Managing Broker, Buy A Farm and
Reserve High Point Awards Sponsor Brad Chandler Auctioneer and Broker, Buy A Farm Land and Auction Co. buyafarm.com