DEPARTMENT I-1 - OPEN CLASS POULTRY
Premiums Offered $2018.00
Superintendent: Hank Marquardt, Asst. Superintendents: Dan Koch & Lauren Morgan
Judging begins at 10:00 A.M. on Monday, July 23, 2019.
Rules & Regulations:
1) Each bird entered must be owned by exhibitor.
2) Cocks & Hens must be hatched before January 1, 2019, Cockerels and Pullets must be hatched in present year, or after January 1, 2018
3) All birds must be cooped by 8:00 A.M. Monday, July 22, 2019
4) All birds must be tested Pullorum Free prior to ENTRY.
5) Exhibitor must furnish crocks for water fowl & misc.
6) Each exhibitor is required to feed & water their own birds. Feed will be provided.
7) Each family is limited to 50 birds maximum.
Entry Fee: $1.00 (Winners Only)
Pen Fee: $1.00 per bird
1st $8.00 - 2nd $7.00 - 3rd $6.00 - 4th $5.00 - 5th $4.00 - 6th $3.00
LARGE FOWL DIVISION
American Class-Plymouth Rocks, Rhode Island Reds & Whites, New Hampshires,
Jersey Giants, Dominiques, Wyandottes, Javas, Buckeyes, Chanteclers, Lamonas,
Hollands, Delawares, Iowa Blue.
Asiatic Class-Brahmas, Cochins, Lanqshans
English Class-Dorkings, Red Caps, Cornish, Orpingtons, Sussex, Australorps
Mediterranean Class-Leghorns, Minorcas, Spanish, Andalusians, Anconas, Catalanas,
Continental Class-Hamburghs, Campines,Lakenvelgers, Barnevelders,Welsummers,
Bearded & Non Bearded Polish, Houdans, Faverolles, Crevecoeurs, La Fleche, Marans
All Other Breeds
Production Egg Class
Production Meat Class
15828. Champion Large Fowl Male - $5.00
15829. Champion Large Fowl Female - $5.00
Production Meat Pen Class
1st. $18.00 - 2nd $17.00 - 3rd $16.00 - 4th $15.00 - 5th $14.00
6th $13.00 - 7th $12.00 - 8th $11.00 - 9th $10.00
15830. Broiler Trio - Each pen shall consist of 3 cockerels OR 3 pullets with each bird weighing 5-8 lbs.
Single Comb Clean Leg Class
All Other Comb Clean Leg Class
Feather Leg Class
15847. Champion Bantam, Male -$5.00
15848. Champion Bantam,Female -$5.00
WaterFowl-Large Ducks-Pekin, Aylesbury, Rouen, Muscovy, Cayuga, Crested, Swedish,Buff, Small Ducks-Runner, Campbell, MagpieCall, EastIndie, Mallard
15849. Large Duck, Male, any age
15850. Small Duck, Male, any age
15851. Large Duck, Female, any age
15852. Small Duck, Female, any age
15853. Goose, male, any age
15854. Goose, female, any age
15855. Champion Water fowl, Male -$5.00
15856. Champion Water fowl, Female - $5.00
15857. Ornamental fowl, male, any age
15858. Ornamental fowl, female, any age
15859. Turkey, male, any age
15860. Turkey, female, any age
The Grand Champion Broiler Trio, will be awarded by Midland States Bank
The Grand Champion Standard Male, will be awarded a trophy by J & J Septic & Sewer Cleaning, LLC
The Grand Champion Standard Female, will be awarded a trophy by Valentine Auto Body.
The Grand Champion Bantam Male, will be awarded a trophy by State Bank of Waterloo.
The Grand Champion Bantam Female, will be awarded a trophy by Harrisonville
The Grand Champion Water Fowl will be awarded a trophy by George Obernagel.
ROOSTER CROWING CONTEST
The Monroe County Rooster Crowing Contest will be held at 9:30 A.M. on
Wednesday, July 24, 2019. The following rules apply.
1) Roosters entered in the Rooster Crowing Contest must be entered in the Monroe County Fair Poultry classes.
2) Each owner may enter only one rooster.
3) The owner may use a substitute handler. Only one handler will be allowed per rooster.
4) Handlers must remain on the side of the cages away from the judges.
5) Handlers may put a litter of their choice in the bottom of their cages. With the exception of the addition of litter, handlers may not alter the cage in any way.
6) Handlers are encouraged to use any means to stimulate the bird to crow. Touching of the rooster, however, by hand or with another object will disqualify the entry. Tossing food or other items into the cage to encourage the rooster to crow is allowed, so long as direct contact is not made between the rooster and his handler.
7) Scoring will be the number of times the entry crows during the thirty minute time limit.
15861. Rooster Crowing Contest
Champion Crowing Rooster - $35.00, & Trophy will be awarded by Petri Insurance Agency, Inc. John Glessner, Agent.
1st Runner Up - $20.00 & Ribbon
2nd Runner Up - $12.00 & Ribbon
3rd Runner Up - $8.00 & Ribbon
4th Runner Up - $5.00 & Ribbon
5th & 6th Runners Up - Ribbon Only