DEPARTMENT H - JUNIOR LIVESTOCK
Premiums Offered: $1938.00
Entry Fee: $1.00 (Winners Only)
Pen Fee: $1.00 per entry
1st $8.00 - 2nd $7.00 - 3rd $6.00 - 4th $5.00 - 5th $4.00 - 6th $3.00
Rules & Regulations:
1) Each bird entered must be owned by exhibitor
2) Cocks and Hens must be hatched before January 1, 2019
3) Cockerels and Pullets must be hatched after January 1, 2019
4) All birds must be cooped by 8:00 A.M. Monday, July 22, 2019
5) All birds must be tested Pullorum Free prior to Entry.
6) Exhibitor must furnish crocks for water fowl & misc.
7) Each Exhibitor is required to feed & water their own birds. Feed will be provided.
8) Each Family is limited to enter 50 birds maximum.
9) Poultry Showmanship will be split into 2 categories: Ages 8-12 and 13-19.
American Class - Pymouth Rocks, Rhode Island Reds & Whites, New Hampshires, Jersey Giants, Dominiques, Wyandottes, Javas, Buckeyes, Chanteclers, Lamonas, Hollands, Delawares, Iowa Blue.
Asiatic Class- Brahmas, Cochins, Langshans
English Class- Dorkings, Red Caps, Cornish, Orpingtons, Sussex, Australorps
Mediterranean Class- Leghorns, Minorcas, Spanish, Andalusians, Anconas, Catalanas, Sicilian Buttercups
Continental-Class- Hamburgs, Capines, Lakevenders, Barnvelders, Welsummers, Bearded & Non Brearded Polish, Houndans, Faverollis, Crevecoeurs, La Fleche, Marans
All Other Breeds
Production Egg Class
Production Meat Class
55828. Champion Junior Large Fowl Male -$5.00
55829. Champion Junior Large Fowl Female -$5.00
Production Meat Pen Class
1st. $18.00 - 2nd $17.00 - 3rd $16.00 - 4th $15.00 - 5th $14.00 6 th-$13.00
7th $12.00 - 8th $11.00 - 9th $10.00
55830. Broiler Trio - Each pen shall consist of 3 cockerels OR 3 pullets with each bird weighing 5-8 lbs.
Single Comb Clean Leg Class
All other Comb Clean Leg Class
Feather Legged Class
55847. Champion Junior Bantam Male - $5.00
55848. Champion Junior Bantam Female - $5.00
55849. Large Duck - Male, any age
55850. Small Duck - Male, any age
55851. Large Duck - Female, any age
55852. Small Duck - Female, any age
55853. Goose - Male - any age
55854. Goose - Female - any age
55855. Champion Junior Water Fowl, Male - $5.00
55856. Champion Junior Water Fowl, Female - $5.00
55857. Ornamental Fowl, Male, any age
55858. Ornamental Fowl, Female, any age
55859. Turkey, Male, any age
55860. Turkey, Female, any age
4-H POULTRY MARKET PEN SALE
1. Trio will consist of 3 broiler fryers (3 cockerels OR 3 pullets) of the same sex.
2. Each bird must weigh 5-8 lbs.
3. Trio Broiler fryers should be a broiler type breed (Cornish/Rock Cross or large meat Breeds)
4. All trios awarded with blue & red ribbons will be eligible to sell.
5. Only one trio will be eligible to sell per 4-H or FFA member.
6. 4-H & FFA exhibitors must draw for the sale order after trios are judged.
7. The seller & buyer will work out the handling & processing.
8. A group picture will be taken of all exhibitors & buyers. An advertisement fee will be charged to each exhibitor equally.
9. Must furnish non-tipping feed & water bowls.
The Grand Champion Female, 4-H Class, will be awarded a trophy by Monroe County Fair Association.
The Grand Champion Male, 4-H Class, will be awarded a trophy by Doug, Ryland & Layden Sparwasser.
The Grand Champion Broiler Trio, 4-H Class, will be awarded a trophy by Midwest Bird & Animal Breeders.
The Grand Champion Bantam Female, Junior Class, will be awarded a trophy by
Butch & Laurie Sparwasser.
The Grand Champion Bantam Male, Junior Class, will be awarded a trophy by Buena Vista National Bank - Prairie Du Rocher.
The Grand Champion Standard Female, Jr. Class, will be awarded a trophy by Midwest Bird & Animal Breeders.
The Grand Champion Standard Male, Jr. Class, will be awarded a trophy by
Midwest Bird & Animal Breeders.
The Grand Champion Water Fowl, Junior class, will be awarded a trophy by Midwest Bird & Animal Breeders.
The Poultry Sr. Showmanship trophy will be awarded by Midland States Bank.
The Poultry Jr. Showmanship trophy will be awarded by Maeystown Clovers 4-H Club.
The Grand Champion Broiler Trio, Jr. Class trophy will be awarded by First Bank - Three Locations - Waterloo, Columbia & Red Bud.
The Buyer of the Grand Champion Broiler Trio will be awarded a trophy by Nu Deal Oil Company.